Friday, November 16, 2007

Oh Bed! Oh Bed!

Oh Bed! Oh Bed!
How comfortable art thou.
Young or Old, Happy or Sad;
Everyone's welcome on thou!

Single or Married, Straight or Gay;
It does never matter to you.
You are a kind old nurse to
Anyone who comes to you.

Oh Bed! Oh Bed!
How wonderful are thou.
When I lay my aching head on you,
You tenderly sing me good nigh'

Strong or Weak, John or Jane;
You never discriminate.
You take away all my pain.
Oh sweet heaven on earth!

Oh Bed! Oh Bed!
How lucky I am you know?
Back from office, when at home,
I can gently rest on thou.

You may want to know the reason behind me composing such 'beddy' poetry.
Well! I have enrolled for driving classes. I need to wake up at 6:00 A.M. .... groom myself and then walk for a good 20 minutes to reach the driving school. On top of that, even though it's just mid November but it's so freakin' cold in the mornings.

It is at these times when I long for a 5 minute more rest on the comfortable bosom of my dear bed. There is no particaular reason for this, just human nature - "When one has to wake up early in the morning, it is then, more than at any other time, that one loves to sleep for an extra minute in bed."
How wonderful are the ways of nature! When you have, you don't use it but when you have not, you most certainly crave for it.

Enough about beds, I suppose. Yawnnnn.... I am tired! You must be tired too. Such is the taxing effect of my compositions on others.

Have a good sleep.
Cheers,

Rosh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh now this is crazy because just before I logged off I caught site of your title and couldn’t resist! I am feeling the exact way that you’ve described. And here’s the bad news…..
I’m not sixteen as you may be, but I am 56 and still feel the same way you do about my “bed”.
Good poem, no… GREAT poem!


www.martysue.mynewvideobiz.com
www.helloworld.com/martysue

Priyankari said...

Hey great one!!

How nicely u've captured our penchant for bed!!

Nice poem...and as they say...there's no pleasure without pain...so learning to drive is obviously a great reward worth getting up early!